Orange County News
Giant squid turning up off Dana Point coast
DANA POINT, Calif. (KABC) -- Local fishermen say they're catching hundreds of giant squid off an Orange County coast.
Humboldt squid are appearing along the Dana Point coastline. The squid are feeding on the krill that are coming into the area with the tidal flows.
The giant squids normally weigh about five pounds, but some fisherman say they're catching squid weighing as much as 25 pounds.
Fishermen on two boats reportedly caught 800 squid in two hours Saturday night.
animal news, orange county news
- NYC apartment explosion, collapse kills 2
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal 53 min ago
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video 32 min ago
- Missing flight's last words were routine
- Indecent exposure suspect sought in Irvine 25 min ago
- Tanker crash shuts I-5 North lanes in Castaic
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings
- Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer won't seek third term 26 min ago
- Ukraine accuses Russia of military buildup
- abcnews: Target thigh gap photo flap sparks outrage
- Fitbit Force recalled over allergic reactions
- Chris Pine arrested for DUI in New Zealand
- OTRC: 'The Big Bang Theory' renewed for 3 seasons