Orange County News
Giant squid turning up off Dana Point coast
DANA POINT, Calif. (KABC) -- Local fishermen say they're catching hundreds of giant squid off an Orange County coast.
Humboldt squid are appearing along the Dana Point coastline. The squid are feeding on the krill that are coming into the area with the tidal flows.
The giant squids normally weigh about five pounds, but some fisherman say they're catching squid weighing as much as 25 pounds.
Fishermen on two boats reportedly caught 800 squid in two hours Saturday night.
animal news, orange county news
- Oklahoma tornadoes level homes, kill man 38 min ago
- Deputies gun down armed man during fight
- Loot-seeking vandals trash Palmdale church
- Calif. law takes effect on microstamping guns
- 1 arrested, 2 outstanding after VC pursuit
- IE woman punches officer, tries to take Taser
- Deputies rescue stranded Swedish family
- Body found near area where hiker went missing
- Machete-wielding man shot by Inglewood police
- abcnews: 1st lady jokes about president's failures
- Beckham in tears as he bids farewell to Paris
- 'Star Trek' tops box office with $70.6M debut
- Swift to perform at Billboard Music Awards
- OTRC: Jennifer Lawrence's accused stalker arrested