Orange County News
Giant squid turning up off Dana Point coast
DANA POINT, Calif. (KABC) -- Local fishermen say they're catching hundreds of giant squid off an Orange County coast.
Humboldt squid are appearing along the Dana Point coastline. The squid are feeding on the krill that are coming into the area with the tidal flows.
The giant squids normally weigh about five pounds, but some fisherman say they're catching squid weighing as much as 25 pounds.
Fishermen on two boats reportedly caught 800 squid in two hours Saturday night.
animal news, orange county news
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58 25 min ago
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter 6 min ago
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- North Hollywood hit-and-run driver sought
- Woman fatally struck on 405 Fwy near Torrance
- Driver smashes car into Fillmore dollar store 58 min ago
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Ohio couple married 70 yrs die 15 hours apart
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members 8 min ago
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76 3 min ago
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour