Orange County News
Giant squid turning up off Dana Point coast
DANA POINT, Calif. (KABC) -- Local fishermen say they're catching hundreds of giant squid off an Orange County coast.
Humboldt squid are appearing along the Dana Point coastline. The squid are feeding on the krill that are coming into the area with the tidal flows.
The giant squids normally weigh about five pounds, but some fisherman say they're catching squid weighing as much as 25 pounds.
Fishermen on two boats reportedly caught 800 squid in two hours Saturday night.
animal news, orange county news
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana
- Car rally held in honor of actor Paul Walker
- Nelson Mandela remembered at South LA church
- Cyclist killed in crash w/ sheriff patrol car
- Small plane lands on 241 toll road in OC
- Man found dead inside Palmdale apartment
- IE shooting leaves 18-year-old man dead
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls traffic
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Kobe returns, but Raptors beat Lakers 106-94
- 'Frozen' tops box office in its 2nd week
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis