Orange County News
Irvine apartment fire: Would-be thief targets evacuated home
IRVINE, Calif. (KABC) -- A small fire broke out Wednesday night at an apartment complex in Irvine, and authorities said a would-be thief is on the run.
The fire happened around 8:30 p.m. at the leasing office of an apartment complex on the 2300 block of Dupont Drive.Tenants evacuated as firefighters arrived. The fire was quickly extinguished and damage to the building was minimal.
When one man returned to his apartment, he found a would-be thief inside the home. The suspect pepper-sprayed the resident and fled. The man was treated at the scene and is expected to be OK. No one else was hurt.
The suspect was described as a heavy-set Hispanic man, about 6 feet tall with curly hair and a distinct mole on his face. He was wearing a leather jacket.
Anyone with information was asked to call the Irvine Police Department.
fire, orange county news
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim
- Lancaster woman found dead; sons questioned
- Man found dead after house fire in Orange
- Calif. jobless rate continues positive trend 46 min ago
- Harry Reid in the hospital for observation
- Judge strikes down Utah's same-sex marriage ban
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle 17 min ago
- abcnews: Service dog sniffs out girl's disease
- Casey Kasem conservatorship deal reached
- 9-yr-old FL girl is youngest to bowl 300 game
- OTRC: Phil Robertson's fam talk 'Duck Dynasty' future