Orange County News
Santa Ana police shoot, kill suspect in car
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- An investigation is under way after an officer-involved shooting in Santa Ana early Friday morning.
The incident happened on the 200 block of North Maxine Street. It started when officers patrolling the area noticed a suspicious man in the back of a car.
Police said when the officers went to talk to the suspect, he jumped into the front seat and drove toward them. Officers shot and killed the suspect.
The car the suspect was driving then crashed into another vehicle. No one else was hurt.
shooting, officer-involved shooting, orange county news
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Report finds bacteria on 97 percent of chicken
- Local woman receives seizure-treating implant
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis