Orange County News
Santa Ana doctor pleads not guilty to child porn charge
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- A Santa Ana podiatrist has pleaded not guilty to a child pornography charge.
Pete Thomas, 58, was arraigned on Thursday. He is accused of having more than 1,000 images of child porn on his office computer.
Investigators said a man hired to install a scanner on the computer found the images. He told his boss, who then called police.
If convicted, Thomas faces up to three years in prison and would have to register as a sex offender.
sex crimes, arrest, orange county news
- Body found in canyon ID'd as Maribel Ramos
- Brush fire scorches 575 acres in Castaic area
- Toddler, mom robbed by knife-wielding man
- Suspect killed inside Alhambra PD station
- Purse found in search for missing woman in IE
- Hacienda Heights soldier killed on 1st Iraq tour
- Greuel, Garcetti vie for last-minute votes
- CA task force aims to control gun ownership 24 min ago
- Calif. unemployment rate falls to 9 percent
- OJ Simpson knew buddies had guns - ex-lawyer
- Connecticut commuter train crash: 70 injured
- abcnews: Flesh-eating bacteria survivor's bionic hands
- Michael Jackson death trial attorneys clash
- OTRC: 'Star Trek Into Darkness' movie review