Orange County News
High-tech helium airship in OC to soar soon
TUSTIN, Calif. (KABC) -- A high-tech helium airship made in an Orange County hangar looks like something from a science fiction movie set.
Though it may look surreal, the airship will take to the skies in the next few months.
It was constructed inside a hangar in Tustin by the Aeros Company under contract from the Pentagon and NASA.
It's a prototype for a larger airship that's designed to carry 66 tons of cargo.
The rigid frame is made of aluminum and carbon fiber, and it combines features of an airship and an airplane.
nasa, orange county news
- Ex-LA deputy alleges corruption in department 43 min ago
- Winkler removed from Saugus school board 6 min ago
- Video released in attack of transgender woman
- Prostitution bust at OC hotel - exclusive
- MTA bus drivers claim illness from pesticide
- Michael Hastings, BuzzFeed reporter, dies
- Ex-USC professor on FBI wanted list arrested
- 1,500 evacuated in wildfire near Yosemite
- NSA foiled 50+ terrorist plots - director
- abcnews: NFL star's home searched after killing
- Chrysler agrees to Jeep recall over fire risk
- Heat beat Spurs 103-100, force Game 7
- Michael Jackson's personal chef testifies
- OTRC: Lil Wayne talks on American flag controversy
- AMA recognizes obesity as a disease
18 min ago