Orange County News
Former UC Irvine professor faces another arson charge
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- A former University of California, Irvine professor accused of setting a series of dangerous fires is expected to be charged with another felony arson count.
Rainer Klaus Reinscheid already faces nine felony charges for allegedly setting fires at University High School, Mason Park Preserve and a school administrator's home.
The 49-year-old has pleaded not guilty. Reinscheid's teenaged son committed suicide after being disciplined at school.
On Thursday morning, Reinscheid will be charged with setting another fire last summer.
Investigators said they discovered emails by Reinscheid detailing plans to buy guns, burn down the high school and murder students and administrators.
arrest, orange county news
- Glendale Galleria $85K bracelet thief sought
- Colorado shooting victim dies at hospital
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Compton chase victim remembered by loved ones
- Van Nuys arsonist suspect sought by LAFD
- HB riot suspect sentenced to 12 days in jail
- Man arrested for suspected arson in Oxnard
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- SUV makers unveil new efficient features
- Amy Adams talks playing sexy con artist
- OTRC: Chuck Norris spoofs Van Damme's 'Epic Split'