Orange County News
Cal State Fullerton lockdown suspects plead not guilty
FULLERTON, Calif. (KABC) -- A Riverside County judge ordered four suspects to stand trial for attempted murder and robbery in a case that led to a pursuit causing the California State University-Fullerton campus to be locked down.
Riverside County Superior Court Judge Jean Leonard found in a preliminary hearing there was enough evidence to carry the case against the four defendants to trial.
The four suspects are due back in court on Feb. 1.
The four men are charged with an armed robbery at a Moreno Valley jewelry store in which one employee was shot twice. The employee was seriously injured but survived.
The suspects fled the scene and led police on a pursuit that ended at the CSU Fullerton campus, prompting a campus-wide lockdown. Another vehicle pursuit commenced, leading into Los Angeles.
Traevon Vidaud, Damine Banks and Jerome Allen were arrested following the two pursuits. Roosevelt Fernandez was arrested at a later date.
If convicted as now charged, the four men are facing about 37 years to life in prison, according to the Riverside County District Attorney's Office.
A fifth suspect in the case has not been caught. The search continues for the fifth suspect. Anyone with information was asked to call the Moreno Valley Police Department at (951) 486-6710.
school, car chase, pursuit, robbery, orange county news
- Moorpark High on lockdown after threat made 13 min ago
- Rain, winds move into Southern California
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Students allegedly hack system, change grades
- 2 taken to hospital after school bus crash
- Body found in Corona; investigation underway
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- abcnews: Renewed Gacy probe reunites family
- India wants NYC arrested diplomat case dropped 38 min ago
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston: I have Lupus Myelitis 42 min ago