Orange County News
La Habra employees exposed to gases, taken to hospital
LA HABRA, Calif. (KABC) -- Some employees from the Department of Public Works in La Habra were taken to the hospital Friday after they were exposed to gases from an uncovered manhole.
Officials say a total of three people were transported to a local hospital with shortness of breath. Their ages were not immediately released. They were reported to be in stable condition.
The manhole was uncovered by utility workers. Los Angeles County Fire Department officials say they received a call from the Public Works building at Euclid Street and Electric Avenue saying the employees were being overcome by a foul odor coming from the sewer.
The substance emitting the odor was identified as some kind of de-greaser, according to authorities.
People inside surrounding buildings were told to stay inside and not venture outside until officials have cleared the situation. A hazmat team was on scene.
orange county news
- Secret Service probe Target security breach
- IE man who died in custody was high on PCP
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- Man convicted at 16 resentenced under new law 33 min ago
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- 1 of 4 missing women found; mystery remains
- abcnews: DA pushes to jail 'affluenza' teen
- White House panel urges limit on NSA snooping
- Electroporation may treat melanoma patients 6 min ago
- Paul Walker crash: No mechanical issues
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
58 min ago