Orange County News
Woman jumps from Anaheim hotel balcony to escape attacker
ANAHEIM, Calif. (KABC) -- Police say a woman jumped to safety from a second-floor balcony at an Anaheim hotel Wednesday to flee from a man who sexually assaulted her.
The incident happened around 5 a.m. at the Clarion Hotel Anaheim Resort at 616 W. Convention Way.
Investigators said the woman and man had previously been communicating on the Internet and were meeting for the first time.
"They had chatted on the Internet, decided they were going to meet at this particular location," said Sgt. Bob Dunn of the Anaheim Police Department. "During that encounter, (the situation) somehow turned violent and the female wanted to escape. Her only way of escape was to jump off that second-story balcony."
The woman survived the jump. Police said the partially clothed woman went to the hotel lobby to report the alleged assault.
The woman was at the hospital to treat injuries sustained during the attack and from the fall. She was in stable condition.
Officers were unable to find the suspect. He was described as a 24- to 26-year-old African-American man, about 5-foot-7 to 6-feet tall, weighing around 175 pounds with pulled back dreadlocks.
Investigators said they were going to look at surveillance video.
Anyone with information on the case was asked to call Orange County Crime Stoppers at (855) 847-6227.
sex crimes, orange county news, eileen frere
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- Temple City man denies creating Bitcoin
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- OC man arrested for pot brownie sales to kids
- Oxnard hit-and-run victim in critical condition
- CSULB researchers launch 'Kelp Watch 2014'
- Dodger lot beating: federal gun indictments
- Drunk gambler sues LV casino following loss
- Baby rescued on FL freeway home from hospital
- Obama: West won't let Kremlin carve up Ukraine
- abcnews: Charges filed in missing nursing student case
- Factors that may lead to Alzheimer's disease
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Angelina Jolie talks 'Maleficent,' daughter