Orange County News
OC chase suspect evades cops twice, finally arrested
LA HABRA, Calif. (KABC) -- A male suspect in a Honda CRV was taken into custody after leading police on a chase through Orange County on Friday morning.
Authorities say the chase began when the vehicle tried to move through a construction zone in La Habra at about 11 a.m. He was told by police to stop, but he did not.
The suspect drove through Brea, Yorba Linda, Anaheim, Villa Park and Orange. The man went through red lights but did not drive at excessive speeds.
At one point, officers attempted to box him in on Collins Avenue near Main Street in Orange, but the suspect managed to escape. Police were able to end the pursuit with a PIT maneuver on Prospect Avenue just before noon.
The suspect, whose name was not immediately released, was taken to a hospital for treatment of superficial, apparently self-inflicted stab wounds, according to the CHP.
City News Service contributed to this report.
car chase, pursuit, orange county news, elex michaelson
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- Los Angeles Marathon 2014 street closures
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video