Orange County News
Jet from John Wayne Airport makes emergency landing after bird strike
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- An American Airlines jet departing from John Wayne airport made an unscheduled landing after a bird strike.
Passenger Stacy Parry of Whittier sent in a photo of American flight 634. She told Eyewitness News that the left engine caught fire.
The flight was headed to Dallas when it hit three birds shortly after takeoff Saturday morning. The plane diverted to Los Angeles International Airport and landed safely.
airplane, los angeles international airport, orange county news
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- SKorea ferry accident: 10 more bodies pulled
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- East Hollywood fire: Garage heavily damaged
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Free admission offered to all national parks
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Documents detail another delayed GM recall
- Mickey Rooney buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour