Orange County News
Jet from John Wayne Airport makes emergency landing after bird strike
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- An American Airlines jet departing from John Wayne airport made an unscheduled landing after a bird strike.
Passenger Stacy Parry of Whittier sent in a photo of American flight 634. She told Eyewitness News that the left engine caught fire.
The flight was headed to Dallas when it hit three birds shortly after takeoff Saturday morning. The plane diverted to Los Angeles International Airport and landed safely.
airplane, los angeles international airport, orange county news
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd 47 min ago
- 2 LAPD officers injured in West L.A. crash 53 min ago
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured 15 min ago
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- 2 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge 24 min ago
- Yucaipa woman arrested in husband's murder
- Dana Point shooting suspect sought by deputies
- Injured LAPD officer released from hospital
- San Dimas boat crash leaves 1 dead, 1 injured
- William Clay Ford, Lions owner, dies
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut 36 min ago
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks