Orange County News
Santa Ana kidnapping suspect sketch released
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- Santa Ana police released a sketch of a man who is believed to have kidnapped a girl near a local school.
Police say the 13-year-old girl was on the 2700 block of West Segerstrom Avenue Jan. 24 when the suspect pulled up and asked the girl if she wanted a ride. When she refused and walked away, police say the suspect got out of his car, grabbed the girl's wrist and forced her into the vehicle.
The suspect allegedly asked her to commit lewd acts, but when she refused, he dropped her off in the parking lot of McFadden Intermediate School.
The man is described as Hispanic, 35 to 45 years old with a heavy build. He has a black receding hairline and speaks English and Spanish. He was wearing silver rimmed glasses, a gray hooded sweatshirt and beige shorts. His car was described as a newer model dark blue four-door sedan or hatchback.
If you have any information about this case, you're urged to call (855) TIP-OCCS.
kidnap, orange county news
- Tornado hits Oklahoma City suburbs; 51 dead 29 min ago
- Girl escapes brazen kidnap attempt in OC
- 3 charged in bizarre East LA '12 bank robbery
- Greuel, Garcetti make final stops across LA
- Video: Pit bull owners rally against discrimination
- Elephant meat, dead primate seized at LAX
- Laguna Beach sex assault suspect surrenders
- Fire near Frazier Park 90 percent contained
- UC hospital workers to strike over higher pay
- abcnews: Hofstra student killed in police standoff
- 2 killed in Turkey hot air balloon crash
- NKorea on day 3 of short-range weapon launches
- Ray Manzarek, The Doors founder, dies at 74
- OTRC: Seth MacFarlane 'unable' to host Oscars again