Orange County News
Santa Ana kidnapping suspect sketch released
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- Santa Ana police released a sketch of a man who is believed to have kidnapped a girl near a local school.
Police say the 13-year-old girl was on the 2700 block of West Segerstrom Avenue Jan. 24 when the suspect pulled up and asked the girl if she wanted a ride. When she refused and walked away, police say the suspect got out of his car, grabbed the girl's wrist and forced her into the vehicle.
The suspect allegedly asked her to commit lewd acts, but when she refused, he dropped her off in the parking lot of McFadden Intermediate School.
The man is described as Hispanic, 35 to 45 years old with a heavy build. He has a black receding hairline and speaks English and Spanish. He was wearing silver rimmed glasses, a gray hooded sweatshirt and beige shorts. His car was described as a newer model dark blue four-door sedan or hatchback.
If you have any information about this case, you're urged to call (855) TIP-OCCS.
kidnap, orange county news
- Deputies gun down armed man during fight 31 min ago
- Vandals break in, trash church in Palmdale
- Calif. law takes effect on microstamping guns
- Machete-wielding man shot by Inglewood police
- 1 arrested, 2 outstanding after VC pursuit
- IE woman punches officer, tries to take Taser
- Deputies rescue stranded Swedish family
- Body found near area where hiker went missing
- Deaf Yorkie held for ransom is back home
- Tornadoes sweep across Kansas and Oklahoma
- abcnews: 1st lady jokes about president's failures
- Beckham in tears as he bids farewell to Paris
- 'Star Trek' tops box office with $70.6M debut
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 nominees list