Orange County News
Anaheim drunken-driving crash: 3 pedestrians killed
ANAHEIM, Calif. (KABC) -- Anaheim police are looking into a suspected drunken-driving crash that left three women dead.
The incident happened at about 11 p.m. Saturday on the 100 block of South Western Avenue.
Police say the driver of a red Honda Civic struck the victims, Carmen Mendoza, her daughter Sheyla Mendoza and her niece Stephanie Henriquez, who were not in a crosswalk. One victim was pronounced dead at the scene and the other two died at a hospital.
The driver and passenger stayed at the scene. They were taken to the hospital for minor injuries.
The driver was arrested on suspicion of DUI.
A memorial fund has been set up for the victims at:
Schools First Federal Credit Union
PO Box 11547
Santa Ana, CA 92711
Transit Number: 322282001
Description: Carmen, Sheyla, Stephanie MEM
Account Number: 400415614726
car crash, dui, orange county news
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen 55 min ago
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Malaysia missing jet: 'Every angle' probed
- Amber Alert issued for Long Beach boy 17 min ago
- Suspect arrested for Dana Point shooting
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- Minnesota lawmaker apologizes for NBA tweet 16 min ago
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K 25 min ago
- Sbarro files for second bankruptcy in 3 years 30 min ago
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 'The Bachelor' finale: 5 things to know...