Orange County News
Anaheim drunken-driving crash: 3 pedestrians killed
ANAHEIM, Calif. (KABC) -- Anaheim police are looking into a suspected drunken-driving crash that left three women dead.
The incident happened at about 11 p.m. Saturday on the 100 block of South Western Avenue.
Police say the driver of a red Honda Civic struck the victims, Carmen Mendoza, her daughter Sheyla Mendoza and her niece Stephanie Henriquez, who were not in a crosswalk. One victim was pronounced dead at the scene and the other two died at a hospital.
The driver and passenger stayed at the scene. They were taken to the hospital for minor injuries.
The driver was arrested on suspicion of DUI.
A memorial fund has been set up for the victims at:
Schools First Federal Credit Union
PO Box 11547
Santa Ana, CA 92711
Transit Number: 322282001
Description: Carmen, Sheyla, Stephanie MEM
Account Number: 400415614726
car crash, dui, orange county news
- Spaccia convicted in Bell corruption trial
- Blustering winds, low temps hitting Southland 12 min ago
- 18 indicted in LA Sheriff's Dept abuse probe
- Houseguest arrested after 80-year-old's death
- OCTA votes against 405 Freeway toll lanes
- Man who allegedly pranked coaches arrested
- Glendale man gets 5 yrs in 'sextortion' case
- Ex-SD Mayor Filner sentenced for harassment
- abcnews: Gun makers thriving year after Newtown
- Storm snarls travel; power outages persist
- New cockroach found in NYC can withstand cold
- 6 finalists announced for 2013 Heisman trophy
- 'Saving Mr. Banks' tells 'Poppins' back story
- OTRC: Meredith Baxter weds partner Nancy Locke
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
10 min ago