Orange County News
Santa Ana interim city manager named as Kevin O'Rourke
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- Santa Ana named its new interim city manager as Kevin O'Rourke in a special City Council meeting.
O'Rourke held management positions in both Northern and Southern California cities before serving most recently as a consultant with the Public Alternative Retirement System. He was also an interim city manager of the city of Stockton in 2010 and the city of Woodland in 2011-2012.
He also held interim city manager posts for Buena Park and Stanton in the 80s and 90s, and he was the city manager for Fairfield for more than 10 years before retiring in 2007.
Also, he is a past president of the League of California Cities City Manager Department and a past member of the League's Board of Directors.
In a news release, Santa Ana Mayor Miguel Pulido said O'Rourke's extensive experience will benefit the city, which is amid numerous development and transportation projects.
orange county news
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins 15 min ago
- Roommate arrested in Westmont homicide
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait 15 min ago
- Coach pleads no contest to molesting girls 46 min ago
- Missing hiker rescued in Santa Clarita canyon
- LAPD crash: Funeral services announced 17 min ago
- Portion of 405 South to close for 2 nights
- 5 measles cases in Orange County confirmed
- CVS allegedly lost track of 37K painkillers
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested 39 min ago
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book