Orange County News
Santa Ana interim city manager named as Kevin O'Rourke
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- Santa Ana named its new interim city manager as Kevin O'Rourke in a special City Council meeting.
O'Rourke held management positions in both Northern and Southern California cities before serving most recently as a consultant with the Public Alternative Retirement System. He was also an interim city manager of the city of Stockton in 2010 and the city of Woodland in 2011-2012.
He also held interim city manager posts for Buena Park and Stanton in the 80s and 90s, and he was the city manager for Fairfield for more than 10 years before retiring in 2007.
Also, he is a past president of the League of California Cities City Manager Department and a past member of the League's Board of Directors.
In a news release, Santa Ana Mayor Miguel Pulido said O'Rourke's extensive experience will benefit the city, which is amid numerous development and transportation projects.
orange county news
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- Motorcycle officer injured in Mid-City crash
- Woman shot to death in Long Beach; no arrests
- Big Sur fire burns 769 acres; chance of rain
- Bipartisan budget deal nears final passage
- abcnews: Pope delivers Christmas message to serve poor
- India diplomat claims cavity search in NYC
- Ronnie Biggs, 'Great Train Robber,' dies at 84
- 3-yr-old recovering after 5-organ transplant 41 min ago
- Video: 'American Hustle' takes you back to the '70s
- Photos: Brad Pitt over the years, 1991 to present