Orange County News
Santa Ana interim city manager named as Kevin O'Rourke
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- Santa Ana named its new interim city manager as Kevin O'Rourke in a special City Council meeting.
O'Rourke held management positions in both Northern and Southern California cities before serving most recently as a consultant with the Public Alternative Retirement System. He was also an interim city manager of the city of Stockton in 2010 and the city of Woodland in 2011-2012.
He also held interim city manager posts for Buena Park and Stanton in the 80s and 90s, and he was the city manager for Fairfield for more than 10 years before retiring in 2007.
Also, he is a past president of the League of California Cities City Manager Department and a past member of the League's Board of Directors.
In a news release, Santa Ana Mayor Miguel Pulido said O'Rourke's extensive experience will benefit the city, which is amid numerous development and transportation projects.
orange county news
- Malaysia missing jet may have turned back
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Stage collapse reported at Servite High School
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- abcnews: Teens save man stuck in sewer
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video