Orange County News
Laguna Beach among list of top US beaches
LAGUNA BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- Laguna Beach made the list of TripAdvisor's best beaches in the U.S. The local beach was among the top 25 that made the cut.
The travel website announced the winners of its 2013 Traveler's Choice Beaches Awards on Friday. The list was based on feedback from millions of website users.
There were separate winners' lists for best beaches in the U.S., Europe, Central America, Africa, Asia, Caribbean, Middle East and more. You can see all the lists by visiting, www.tripadvisor.com/TravelersChoice-Beaches.
Laguna Beach ranked No. 9 on the U.S. list, with Ka'anapali Beach in Lahaina, Hawaii snagging the top spot. Other locations on the list include beaches from Florida, more from Hawaii, Virginia, South Carolina, Maine, Massachusetts, New Jersey and La Jolla, Calif.
beach, orange county news
- LA supervisors criticize Baca amid jail probe
- UC Riverside employee diagnosed w/ meningitis
- Bipartisan negotiators reach modest budget deal
- $50K reward announced in murder of 7-year-old
- FBI arrest several alleged MS-13 gang members
- Man burns to death, may have been stealing gas
- Auto thefts up in CA after realignment -study
- SD man charged in 'revenge porn' site case 52 min ago
- Eastern snowstorm brings closures, delays
- Missing Nevada couple, 4 children found safe
- abcnews: Alleged cow abuse at DiGiorno supplier
- US Navy sailor surprises family on ABC comedy
- Gabor Xmas party to go on amid spending fight
- OTRC: Kate Winslet, Ned RocknRoll welcome baby
- Nativity scene stolen from Temecula yard
39 min ago