Orange County News
Memorial held for slain Irvine couple
IRVINE, Calif. (KABC) -- A memorial was held Sunday at Concordia University for the couple allegedly killed by former LAPD officer Christopher Dorner.
Monica Quan, 28, and her fiancé Keith Lawrence, 27, met while playing basketball at the university nearly six years ago.
The two were found fatally shot inside Lawrence's car in the parking garage of their apartment complex in Irvine on Feb. 3. Quan is the daughter of an LAPD captain who represented Dorner during disciplinary hearings, which resulted in his dismissal from the department.
The killings sparked what the LAPD called the largest manhunt in Southern California history.
Sunday's memorial was held in Concordia's gym. The service was limited to those with an invitation. The school offered a simulcast of the memorial at separate locations on campus to honor their former basketball players.
shooting, chris dorner, orange county news
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Fatal South LA fire determined suspicious
- Calif. bill would ban orcas in SeaWorld shows
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Former NFL player Sharper to stay in jail
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- Photos: Aaron Paul, wife at 'Need For Speed' premiere
- 'Ransomware' holds encrypted data for money
1 min ago