Orange County News
Memorial held for slain Irvine couple
IRVINE, Calif. (KABC) -- A memorial was held Sunday at Concordia University for the couple allegedly killed by former LAPD officer Christopher Dorner.
Monica Quan, 28, and her fiancé Keith Lawrence, 27, met while playing basketball at the university nearly six years ago.
The two were found fatally shot inside Lawrence's car in the parking garage of their apartment complex in Irvine on Feb. 3. Quan is the daughter of an LAPD captain who represented Dorner during disciplinary hearings, which resulted in his dismissal from the department.
The killings sparked what the LAPD called the largest manhunt in Southern California history.
Sunday's memorial was held in Concordia's gym. The service was limited to those with an invitation. The school offered a simulcast of the memorial at separate locations on campus to honor their former basketball players.
shooting, chris dorner, orange county news
- Glendale Galleria $85K bracelet thief sought
- Colorado shooting victim dies at hospital
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Compton chase victim remembered by loved ones
- Van Nuys arsonist suspect sought by LAFD
- HB riot suspect sentenced to 12 days in jail
- Man arrested for suspected arson in Oxnard
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- SUV makers unveil new efficient features
- Amy Adams talks playing sexy con artist
- OTRC: Chuck Norris spoofs Van Damme's 'Epic Split'