Orange County News
Body found on Newport Beach jetty identified
NEWPORT BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- A dead man who washed ashore in Newport Beach Sunday was identified, Newport Beach Police said Monday. Police did not released the man's identity pending notification of next of kin.
Newport Beach Police received a report of a dead body on the jetty rocks at 40th Street and the beach Sunday at about 2:30 p.m. A fully clothed deceased man was found at that location. He appeared to have been in the water a short period of time, police said.
No obvious signs of trauma were found, and police said foul play was not suspected. An autopsy was to be conducted to determine the man's cause of death.
The victim was described as an 82-year-old Hispanic man.
Anyone with additional information is asked to contact Newport Beach Police Detective Garrett Fitzgerald at (949) 644-3797.
body found, orange county news
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim
- Lancaster woman found dead; sons questioned 37 min ago
- Man found dead after house fire in Orange
- Calif. jobless rate continues positive trend 7 min ago
- Harry Reid in the hospital for observation
- Judge strikes down Utah's same-sex marriage ban
- abcnews: Service dog sniffs out girl's disease
- London theater collapse: Aging venues safe?
- Casey Kasem conservatorship deal reached
- 9-yr-old FL girl is youngest to bowl 300 game
- OTRC: Phil Robertson's fam talk 'Duck Dynasty' future