Orange County News
Smash-and-grab burglars strike again in Orange County
BUENA PARK, Calif. (KABC) -- Smash-and-grab burglars have struck Orange County again, this time targeting businesses in Buena Park.
The incident marks the second round of such incidents in less than 24 hours. The first smash-and-grab burglaries happened in Orange shortly after 1 a.m. Tuesday.
The latest incident happened about four miles away at a strip-mall in the 7700 block of Orangethorpe Avenue later the same day at about 10 p.m. A barber shop and a dental office were targeted. A flat-screen television was taken from both the barber shop and the dental office. About $30 in cash was taken from the dental office as well. The burglars did not attempt to rob a jewelry store in the very same strip-mall.
In the earlier incident, the suspects targeted two beauty supply shops and another dental office in the Brickyard Shopping Center located in the 1600 block of Lincoln Avenue. The targeted stores were Jin's Wig and Salon, Cosmo Prof Salon Center and Russell Walls Dentistry. Thousands of dollars worth of wigs were stolen from Jin's and computer equipment worth thousands was taken from Cosmo Prof. Police also said a flat-screen television was stolen from one of the businesses.
Because of the close proximity and time frame of the burglaries, it's likely the same culprits are behind the crimes. However, police do not have descriptions of the suspects in either of the incidents and have yet to confirm they are linked.
A witness reported seeing a man with a beanie driving away from the scene Tuesday night, in a dark colored sedan with paper plates. The witness said the man drove southbound on Beach Boulevard.
If you have any information about these burglaries, you're urged to contact Buena Park police at (714) 562-3901.
burglary, robbery, orange county news, christina salvo
- Missing hiker rescued in Santa Clarita canyon 41 min ago
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait 3 min ago
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East 20 min ago
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- CIA improperly searched network, says senator 31 min ago
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- Japan tsunami disasters: 3rd anniversary 4 min ago
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- OTRC: Elisabeth Moss: Armisen marriage 'traumatic'