Orange County News
OC pair arrested in plot against ex-boyfriend; 1 suspect sought
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- A man and woman in Santa Ana were arrested after the woman allegedly convinced the man and an accomplice to go after her ex-boyfriend. The accomplice remains on the loose.
Maximino Perez said that not long after he broke up with his live-in girlfriend, 36-year-old Rosa Maria Tinoco, he was confronted by 26-year-old Jose Fernando Paredes and another man outside his Santa Ana apartment complex last Dec. 4. Perez said Paredes and the other man told him they were Ontario cops investigating a robbery.
Perez says the two men grabbed him and took him to a dark and secluded area of the apartment complex and beat him up, taking his wallet and cellphone.
According to Santa Ana police, Tinoco was so upset over the break up that she convinced Paredes to go after Perez. Police also say Paredes was dating Tinoco's younger sister at the time.
Paredes worked as a security guard for an Anaheim company. Police say that's how he got a hold of badges, fake guns, a Taser gun and a 2007 Dodger Charger that looked like a police car.
Santa Ana police believe there are other victims.
"We have information that she was trying to convince the male suspect to do the robberies to gain money," said Santa Ana police Cpl. Anthony Bertagna."
Authorities are also seeking information on the other suspect, described as a 20-year-old male Hispanic, 5 feet 6 inches tall and 170 pounds. Police believe he may be a security guard.
Anyone with information is asked to call OC Crime Stoppers at 1-855-TIP-OCCS.
Both Tinoco and Perez remain in custody on $1 million bail.
robbery, kidnap, orange county news, sid garcia
- LA earthquake: 4.4-mag. quake shakes SoCal 44 min ago
- Ex-couple found guilty in East LA bank robbery 15 min ago
- IE teen gets 18 months in 'sextortion' plot
- Crimea declares independence; West hits back
- Body found at Anaheim trash center identified
- Burbank couple rescues child with mattress
- Lancaster man hit in deputy-involved shooting 12 min ago
- Video: Stranded man rescued from Castaic crash
- Man high on meth terrorizes Covina family
- Malaysian plane search expands further
- abcnews: Woman says Scientology tore apart her family
- SEALs take oil tanker from Libyan rebels
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios for $32 million
- OTRC: 'The Walking Dead' recap: Season 4, ep 14