Orange County News
OC shooting spree suspect left suicide note
LADERA RANCH, Calif. (KABC) -- A suicide note has surfaced in the case of the 20-year-old man of Ladera Ranch accused of murdering three Orange County residents before killing himself on Feb. 19.
Investigators found the document entitled "Suicide Note" on Ali Syed's computer desktop. The document reportedly gives a revealing look at Syed's state of mind prior to the deadly shooting rampage and indicates the events were pre-meditated and planned.
Police say the note was created on Feb. 19 within an hour of the 911 call made by the suspect's mother and father. Syed's parents found Courtney Aoki, 20, of Buena Park fatally shot inside their home.
The suspect, who lived at the residence, reportedly shot Aoki then drove more than 20 miles across Orange County; shooting at vehicles on the 55 Freeway, carjacking and killing three innocent people in Tustin and Santa Ana.
Orange County Sheriff's Homicide investigators have not found any prior connection between the suspect and any of his victims.
The investigation is ongoing.
shooting, orange county news
- Oklahoma tornado: Recovery effort under way 6 min ago
- Greuel, Garcetti face off on Election Day 19 min ago
- Undersheriff Tanaka speaks out against Baca
- 'DWTS': Zendaya holds lead in final four
- LAPD officer accused of lewd acts w/ 2 girls
- 3 charged in bizarre East LA '12 bank robbery
- Video: Pit bull owners rally against discrimination
- Girl escapes brazen kidnap attempt in OC
- UC hospital workers to strike over higher pay 17 min ago
- NKorea on day 3 of short-range weapon launches
- abcnews: Apple CEO defends offshore tax policy
- Experts warn about testosterone supplements
- Ray Manzarek, The Doors founder, dies at 74
- OTRC: 'Dancing With The Stars' recap - week 10
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
33 min ago