Orange County News
OC shooting spree suspect left suicide note
LADERA RANCH, Calif. (KABC) -- A suicide note has surfaced in the case of the 20-year-old man of Ladera Ranch accused of murdering three Orange County residents before killing himself on Feb. 19.
Investigators found the document entitled "Suicide Note" on Ali Syed's computer desktop. The document reportedly gives a revealing look at Syed's state of mind prior to the deadly shooting rampage and indicates the events were pre-meditated and planned.
Police say the note was created on Feb. 19 within an hour of the 911 call made by the suspect's mother and father. Syed's parents found Courtney Aoki, 20, of Buena Park fatally shot inside their home.
The suspect, who lived at the residence, reportedly shot Aoki then drove more than 20 miles across Orange County; shooting at vehicles on the 55 Freeway, carjacking and killing three innocent people in Tustin and Santa Ana.
Orange County Sheriff's Homicide investigators have not found any prior connection between the suspect and any of his victims.
The investigation is ongoing.
shooting, orange county news
- Bell corruption trial: Jury reaches verdict 34 min ago
- 18 indicted in LA Sheriff's Dept abuse probe 23 min ago
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- Houseguest arrested after 80-year-old's death
- Glendale man gets 5 yrs in 'sextortion' case 7 min ago
- 'Button-down' Bandit' strikes Corona bank
- Man arrested for Ventura transient's murder
- Ex-SD Mayor Filner sentenced for harassment
- Storm snarls travel; power outages persist 10 min ago
- abcnews: Gun makers thriving year after Newtown 20 min ago
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's uncle
- 'Sound of Music' actress Eleanor Parker dies 25 min ago
- Jenni Rivera plane crash: New details emerge
- OTRC: Meredith Baxter weds partner Nancy Locke