Orange County News
OC shooting spree suspect left suicide note
LADERA RANCH, Calif. (KABC) -- A suicide note has surfaced in the case of the 20-year-old man of Ladera Ranch accused of murdering three Orange County residents before killing himself on Feb. 19.
Investigators found the document entitled "Suicide Note" on Ali Syed's computer desktop. The document reportedly gives a revealing look at Syed's state of mind prior to the deadly shooting rampage and indicates the events were pre-meditated and planned.
Police say the note was created on Feb. 19 within an hour of the 911 call made by the suspect's mother and father. Syed's parents found Courtney Aoki, 20, of Buena Park fatally shot inside their home.
The suspect, who lived at the residence, reportedly shot Aoki then drove more than 20 miles across Orange County; shooting at vehicles on the 55 Freeway, carjacking and killing three innocent people in Tustin and Santa Ana.
Orange County Sheriff's Homicide investigators have not found any prior connection between the suspect and any of his victims.
The investigation is ongoing.
shooting, orange county news
- Search widens for missing Malaysian jet
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- IE suspect found after escaping from police
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- Photos: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo kisses 5 contestants