Orange County News
OC shooting spree suspect left suicide note
LADERA RANCH, Calif. (KABC) -- A suicide note has surfaced in the case of the 20-year-old man of Ladera Ranch accused of murdering three Orange County residents before killing himself on Feb. 19.
Investigators found the document entitled "Suicide Note" on Ali Syed's computer desktop. The document reportedly gives a revealing look at Syed's state of mind prior to the deadly shooting rampage and indicates the events were pre-meditated and planned.
Police say the note was created on Feb. 19 within an hour of the 911 call made by the suspect's mother and father. Syed's parents found Courtney Aoki, 20, of Buena Park fatally shot inside their home.
The suspect, who lived at the residence, reportedly shot Aoki then drove more than 20 miles across Orange County; shooting at vehicles on the 55 Freeway, carjacking and killing three innocent people in Tustin and Santa Ana.
Orange County Sheriff's Homicide investigators have not found any prior connection between the suspect and any of his victims.
The investigation is ongoing.
shooting, orange county news
- Rizzo gets 12 years in prison for corruption 2 min ago
- Jury deadlocks in OC distracted driving case 24 min ago
- 290 missing, 6 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster
- West Adams fire in converted garage injures 4
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- Lake Elsinore man arrested for assault
- Possible 5th victim sought in serial murders
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: 10 most awful jobs for 2014 revealed
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced 29 min ago
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break