Orange County News
Huntington Beach homes up for grabs; potential buyers ready to pounce
HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- Saturday marks a big day for prospective homebuyers who have camped out for nearly a week to snag their dream homes in Huntington Beach.
The homes up for grabs are three-to-four bedroom houses that range from about 1,900 to 2,600 square feet. The starting price is around $800,000. There are 11 houses for sale with 13 families in line.
Experts say the home-buying frenzy is a sign that the California housing market is heating up. Buyers want to jump at the chance at a good deal while interest rates are still low.
Prospective buyer Mark Gallagher says he's been camping out since Sunday morning and is fifth in line. He says he and his wife have been looking for a home in Huntington Beach for about a year and a half and are excited to see their search efforts and patience pay off on Saturday. The homes officially went on sale at 10 a.m.
Though it's been a bit chilly at night, Gallagher says camping out has been quite the community experience where he got to know people who could be his future neighbors.
orange county news, darsha philips
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East 7 min ago
- Search widens for missing Malaysian jet
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- Photos: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo kisses 5 contestants