Orange County News
Huntington Beach homes up for grabs; potential buyers ready to pounce
HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- Saturday marks a big day for prospective homebuyers who have camped out for nearly a week to snag their dream homes in Huntington Beach.
The homes up for grabs are three-to-four bedroom houses that range from about 1,900 to 2,600 square feet. The starting price is around $800,000. There are 11 houses for sale with 13 families in line.
Experts say the home-buying frenzy is a sign that the California housing market is heating up. Buyers want to jump at the chance at a good deal while interest rates are still low.
Prospective buyer Mark Gallagher says he's been camping out since Sunday morning and is fifth in line. He says he and his wife have been looking for a home in Huntington Beach for about a year and a half and are excited to see their search efforts and patience pay off on Saturday. The homes officially went on sale at 10 a.m.
Though it's been a bit chilly at night, Gallagher says camping out has been quite the community experience where he got to know people who could be his future neighbors.
orange county news, darsha philips
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim
- Lancaster woman found dead; sons questioned 52 min ago
- Man found dead after house fire in Orange
- Calif. jobless rate continues positive trend 22 min ago
- Harry Reid in the hospital for observation
- Judge strikes down Utah's same-sex marriage ban
- abcnews: Service dog sniffs out girl's disease
- London theater collapse: Aging venues safe?
- Casey Kasem conservatorship deal reached
- 9-yr-old FL girl is youngest to bowl 300 game
- OTRC: Phil Robertson's fam talk 'Duck Dynasty' future