Orange County News
Buena Park car thief pins cop to patrol car after chase, flees
BUENA PARK, Calif. (KABC) -- Police are searching for a car thief who reportedly pinned an officer to his patrol car following a short pursuit in Buena Park Sunday.
The assault occurred in the 6900 block of Noritsu Avenue around 8:19 a.m.
According to authorities, the incident began when the officer spotted the driver in a stolen dark colored GMC Acadia near Magnolia Avenue and the 91 Freeway.
The driver, later identified as Andrew Christian Stewart, attempted to flee but shortly exited the freeway at Knott Avenue and the 91 Freeway.
The pursuit then surfaced on the streets as Stewart proceeded westbound before approaching Noritsu Avenue which is a dead-end street.
As the officer exited his vehicle to approach the suspect and a second female passenger, Stewart accelerated, striking the officer and momentarily pinning him to his patrol car.
Stewart fled the scene during the ordeal. The injured officer got back in his patrol car to chase the suspect but soon lost sight of him.
An extensive search of the area and surrounding neighborhoods was also conducted to no avail. The stolen vehicle was found abandoned on the 7000 block of Valley View Street shortly after the pursuit.
Stewart is considered armed and dangerous. According to police, the suspect is a known narcotics user and was recently arrested for possession of a loaded firearm.
Anyone with information on Stewart's whereabouts or his female accomplice was urged to contact Detective Burciaga at (855) TIP-OCCS.
car chase, pursuit, orange county news
- London attack investigation: 2 more arrests
- Glendora yard dug up in 35-year-old cold case
- Oklahoma tornado victims' names released
- Bear cub breaks into a kitchen in Duarte
- Local police officer accused of child molest
- Van Nuys stabbing victim's family speaks out
- OC sheriff's reserve sergeant found beaten
- UC hospital workers' strike ends after 2 days
- abcnews: New Susan Powell video released
- Vote on gay Scouts comes at emotional moment 5 min ago
- Charles Ramsey promised free burgers for life
- 'Hangover' films changed lives of the stars
- OTRC: Jennifer Aniston plays stripper in 'Millers'
- Tornado relief drives: More than $211K raised