Orange County News
Newport Beach death deemed suspicious by police
NEWPORT BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- An investigation is under way in Newport Beach into what authorities are calling a 'suspicious death.'
Newport Beach police officers were called to the area of West Ocean Front and Highland Street by a report of a deceased woman at about 6 a.m. Monday.
Responding officers found an unconscious woman lying face down in the sand near lifeguard tower 71. Police detectives have opened a suspicious-death investigation as a result, pending autopsy and toxicology results.
The deceased woman's identity has not been released pending notification of next of kin. She has been described as an Asian in her mid-20s, about 5 feet 2 inches with a thin build.
The woman did not have a purse or a identification with her.
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information was urged to contact Detective Garrett Fitzgerald at (949) 644-3797.
body found, homicide investigation, orange county news
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- Malaysia not sure which way jet was headed
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video
- LA Co. focuses on stormwater capture projects
- Business leaders concerned about LADWP
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- 39-year-old man found dead in Apple Valley
- 5-alarm fire destroys San Francisco building
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book