Orange County News
Ladera Park attack was robbery, not sex crime - police
LADERA RANCH, Calif. (KABC) -- With new information, investigators now say the armed attack on two boys at Founders Park in Ladera Ranch was a robbery and not a sex crime.
The 12-year-olds were on the swings Sunday when a man in his 20s with a knife came up to them. One boy ran for help as the man dragged the other boy off a swing.
Police say the suspect then ordered the boy to take off his pants. Because of that, it was thought to be a sex crime.
The boy grabbed some wood chips on the ground, threw them in the suspect's face and got away.
Police say another recent incident indicates the suspect is an older boy bullying younger kids for money.
Anyone with more information is urged to call Orange County Crime Stoppers at (855) TIP-OCCS.
robbery, orange county news
- Fire truck crashes into building, injuring 6 11 min ago
- Rizzo gets 12 years in prison for corruption
- Jury deadlocks in OC distracted driving case
- 290 missing, 6 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster
- 3 'pimps' busted for Compton prostitution ring
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- Lake Elsinore man arrested for assault
- Possible 5th victim sought in serial murders
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later 22 min ago
- Pro-Russian insurgents seize armored vehicles
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break