Orange County News
Ladera Park attack was robbery, not sex crime - police
LADERA RANCH, Calif. (KABC) -- With new information, investigators now say the armed attack on two boys at Founders Park in Ladera Ranch was a robbery and not a sex crime.
The 12-year-olds were on the swings Sunday when a man in his 20s with a knife came up to them. One boy ran for help as the man dragged the other boy off a swing.
Police say the suspect then ordered the boy to take off his pants. Because of that, it was thought to be a sex crime.
The boy grabbed some wood chips on the ground, threw them in the suspect's face and got away.
Police say another recent incident indicates the suspect is an older boy bullying younger kids for money.
Anyone with more information is urged to call Orange County Crime Stoppers at (855) TIP-OCCS.
robbery, orange county news
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured 22 min ago
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Malaysia missing jet may have turned back
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
32 min ago