Orange County News
Fire truck hits tree, splits in half; 4 firefighters hurt
BUENA PARK, Calif. (KABC) -- Several firefighters were injured in a crash in Buena Park Wednesday night.
In the middle of answering a medical call, a fire truck split in half after crashing into a tree at Crescent Avenue and Los Altos Drive.
"It was going very fast and when it got onto the side street it was on two wheels. I guess it tried to correct itself and ended up wrapped around the tree," said witness Karvinna Briese.
Jonathon Cutler said he heard a loud boom and felt his house shake.
"I come running outside and I see firemen coming out the front side of the truck," said Cutler. "The fireman sat right here on my grass and he looked all dazed out, kind of confused a little."
Four firefighters, including two paramedics were hurt, but they are expected to survive. No civilians were involved in the crash.
"We have a very big crash behind us with no major injuries so that's the good news," said Capt. Marc Stone with the Orange County Fire Authority.
fire, accident, car crash, orange county news, elex michaelson
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet 55 min ago
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Thermal brush fire contained at 350 acres 4 min ago
- Burbank man arrested in stabbing attack
- Gorman brush fire near full containment
- Tustin theater evacuated for investigation
- Young woman's body found in Santa Paula park
- abcnews: US travel advice from other countries
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- Tyler The Creator arrested at SXSW festival 23 min ago
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report