Orange County News
Fire truck hits tree, splits in half; 4 firefighters hurt
BUENA PARK, Calif. (KABC) -- Several firefighters were injured in a crash in Buena Park Wednesday night.
In the middle of answering a medical call, a fire truck split in half after crashing into a tree at Crescent Avenue and Los Altos Drive.
"It was going very fast and when it got onto the side street it was on two wheels. I guess it tried to correct itself and ended up wrapped around the tree," said witness Karvinna Briese.
Jonathon Cutler said he heard a loud boom and felt his house shake.
"I come running outside and I see firemen coming out the front side of the truck," said Cutler. "The fireman sat right here on my grass and he looked all dazed out, kind of confused a little."
Four firefighters, including two paramedics were hurt, but they are expected to survive. No civilians were involved in the crash.
"We have a very big crash behind us with no major injuries so that's the good news," said Capt. Marc Stone with the Orange County Fire Authority.
fire, accident, car crash, orange county news, elex michaelson
- Secret Service probe Target security breach
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne 31 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case 22 min ago
- LA Council speaks on immigration deportations 27 min ago
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- IE man who died in custody was high on PCP
- Man convicted at 16 resentenced under new law
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- abcnews: DA pushes to jail 'affluenza' teen
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- Electroporation may treat melanoma patients
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds
- Tips on how to avoid Xmas holiday hazards
20 min ago