Orange County News
WWII grenade destroyed at Costa Mesa fire station
COSTA MESA, Calif. (KABC) -- There were some tense moments at a Costa Mesa fire station when a woman turned up with what appeared to be a live grenade.
The woman had found the World War II grenade in her father's garage. She didn't know what to do and took it to the Costa Mesa Fire Department.
Surrounding businesses were evacuated just as a precaution.
In the end, the bomb squad disposed of the grenade.
orange county news
- Secret Service probe Target security breach 54 min ago
- IE man who died in custody was high on PCP
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment 24 min ago
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- 1 of 4 missing women found; mystery remains
- 96 animals rescued from 2 Los Angeles homes
- Harvard student admits to hoax to avoid final
- abcnews: DA pushes to jail 'affluenza' teen
- White House panel urges limit on NSA snooping
- Paul Walker crash: No mechanical issues
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
9 min ago