Orange County News
Huntington Beach shooting: Suspect identified
HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- A suspect who was shot and killed by Huntington Beach police Thursday has been identified.
Police say 20-year-old Ian Berrier brandished a replica handgun at officers in the area of Hoskins Lane and Milo Drive at about 4:30 p.m.
It all started with an argument between Berrier and a woman behind a nearby restaurant. A witness told police the suspect had threatened him with a gun.
A police helicopter helped to locate the two people in a residential neighborhood.
An officer confronted the suspect, who pulled out the gun, which was later determined to be fake. The officer opened fire, and Berrier was pronounced dead at the scene.
The Orange County Sheriff's Department is investigating the shooting.
officer-involved shooting, shooting, orange county news
- Woman attacked at OC mall parking structure 42 min ago
- 3 Simi Valley schools face possible shutdown 47 min ago
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor
- 12 arrested, $2.5M in drugs seized in sting
- Ex-deputy convicted in fatal bar shooting
- Bell's Rizzo to plead guilty to tax evasion
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense presents case
- House easily approves bipartisan budget bill
- abcnews: Ohio police chief slams Kanye West
- 4 stabbed in parking lot after Broncos game
- IKEA recalls lamp following death of child
- Giant lobster caught in Huntington Beach
- Redmond O'Neal testifies in Fawcett art case
- OTRC: Disney Channel film to feature Belle's son