Orange County News
Santa Ana fatal stabbing: Suspects identified
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- Authorities need the public's help finding two suspects involved in a fatal stabbing of a 26-year-old man in Santa Ana.
Mario Alberto Rodriguez, 23, is wanted for the murder of Paul Garcia of Irvine. His father, 53-year-old Rigoberto Rodriguez, is wanted for questioning in his participation of the murder.
Santa Ana police say Garcia was sitting in Chile Picante Restaurant in the 1900 block of South Main Street when three suspects entered and tried to get the man to come out. Police say there was a verbal altercation, and the suspects tried to drag the victim out of the restaurant to no avail.
The suspects then waited for the man outside. When he came out, all three of them crossed the street and went behind a tax services building, where the man was stabbed. The victim got away and ran back across the street, where he collapsed in front of a party supply store.
The victim was transported to Western Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead.
Authorities say 18-year-old Pablo Sanchez surrendered after seeing himself on TV news reports. He has been booked for accessory to murder.
Police say the incident is not gang-related, and a motive remains unclear.
Detectives say Rodriguez is a parolee-at-large and is considered armed and dangerous. Anyone who sees him is advised to call 911.
stabbing, orange county news
- 292 missing, 4 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster 55 min ago
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway
- Boston bombing anniversary disrupted by hoax
- Victim's mother faces murder suspects in court
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- San Pedro Elks Lodge fire may be suspicious
- Murrieta suspect fixated on girls' socks
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- First women move into Army combat jobs
- abcnews: Conjoined twins leave Dallas hospital
- Photos: Boston Marathon bombing - 1 year later
- 'Fast & Furious' enlists Paul Walker's brothers
- OTRC: Ice Cube clarifies Paul Walker comments