Orange County News
Santa Ana fatal stabbing: Suspects identified
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- Authorities need the public's help finding two suspects involved in a fatal stabbing of a 26-year-old man in Santa Ana.
Mario Alberto Rodriguez, 23, is wanted for the murder of Paul Garcia of Irvine. His father, 53-year-old Rigoberto Rodriguez, is wanted for questioning in his participation of the murder.
Santa Ana police say Garcia was sitting in Chile Picante Restaurant in the 1900 block of South Main Street when three suspects entered and tried to get the man to come out. Police say there was a verbal altercation, and the suspects tried to drag the victim out of the restaurant to no avail.
The suspects then waited for the man outside. When he came out, all three of them crossed the street and went behind a tax services building, where the man was stabbed. The victim got away and ran back across the street, where he collapsed in front of a party supply store.
The victim was transported to Western Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead.
Authorities say 18-year-old Pablo Sanchez surrendered after seeing himself on TV news reports. He has been booked for accessory to murder.
Police say the incident is not gang-related, and a motive remains unclear.
Detectives say Rodriguez is a parolee-at-large and is considered armed and dangerous. Anyone who sees him is advised to call 911.
stabbing, orange county news
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- LAPD officers to wear body cameras downtown 6 min ago
- Motorcycle officer injured in Mid-City crash
- Woman shot to death in Long Beach; no arrests
- Big Sur fire burns 769 acres; chance of rain
- Bipartisan budget deal nears final passage
- abcnews: Pope delivers Christmas message to serve poor
- Ronnie Biggs, 'Great Train Robber,' dies at 84
- 3-yr-old recovering after 5-organ transplant
- Video: 'American Hustle' takes you back to the '70s
- Photos: Brad Pitt over the years, 1991 to present