Orange County News
CHP sergeant injured after alleged drunk driver slams into his car in Tustin
TUSTIN, Calif. (KABC) -- A California Highway Patrol sergeant was hospitalized with serious injuries after a suspected drunk driver smashed into his car in Orange County.
Investigators say the suspect was speeding when he exited the 55 Freeway on 17th Street in Tustin at about 1 a.m. Sunday. The driver missed a turn and drove over the center divider, crashing into the sergeant's car.
The sergeant was transported to the hospital in bad shape.
The driver was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence.
dui, car crash, california highway patrol, arrest, orange county news
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate hospital attacks 18 min ago
- Teen survives CA to HI flight in wheel well
- 3 new Hollywood sex abuse lawsuits expected
- LAPD officer hurt in Northridge 4-car crash
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- Kevin Sharp, country singer, dies at age 43
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role