Orange County News
CHP sergeant injured after alleged drunk driver slams into his car in Tustin
TUSTIN, Calif. (KABC) -- A California Highway Patrol sergeant was hospitalized with serious injuries after a suspected drunk driver smashed into his car in Orange County.
Investigators say the suspect was speeding when he exited the 55 Freeway on 17th Street in Tustin at about 1 a.m. Sunday. The driver missed a turn and drove over the center divider, crashing into the sergeant's car.
The sergeant was transported to the hospital in bad shape.
The driver was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence.
dui, car crash, california highway patrol, arrest, orange county news
- Water main break floods Santa Ana neighborhood 49 min ago
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- Bitcoin mystery: CA man denies being creator
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- Oxnard hit-and-run victim in critical condition
- OC man arrested for pot brownie sales to kids
- CSULB researchers launch 'Kelp Watch 2014'
- Dodger lot beating: federal gun indictments
- US economy adds 175,000 jobs in February
- Crimean, Russian politicians talk referendum
- abcnews: PA woman charged w/ teen's illegal abortion
- Factors that may lead to Alzheimer's disease
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus' Twitter jabs at Katy Perry