Orange County News
Anaheim apartment fire likely sparked by marijuana operation
ANAHEIM, Calif. (KABC) -- Anaheim police are questioning a man who may have caused an apartment fire on State College Boulevard.
Witnesses told police the man was trying to extract hash oil from marijuana before the fire started.
Four units were damaged before crews knocked down the flames.
One resident said he saw a fireball, and then heard an explosion before running outside to put out another fire, caused by the first one.
"I literally sprinted to the top level with another guy, and when we got there, there was a female and a male, they already had gone in and they took the fire extinguishers, and they put the fire out on the terrace, and I went right to make sure things were doing OK," said Dave Simon, a resident in the apartment complex.
The resident said he saw drugs and firearms inside the apartment that caught fire. Fortunately, no one was hurt.
fire, marijuana, orange county news
- Motorcycle officer struck by hit-run driver
- LAPD seeing fewer qualified applicants
- LA council OKs restrictions on e-cig sellers
- Cold front moving across Southern California
- LAX shooting suspect appears in IE court
- UCLA police seek sexual battery suspect
- Ventura growers protect crops from freezing
- Sebastian Ridley-Thomas wins special election
- Stolen truck with radioactive load found
- abcnews: Mysterious stillbirths baffle doctors
- 'Top Gun' woman tapped for Pentagon no. 2 job
- Paul Walker autopsy results released
- Keri Russell's Brooklyn home burglarized
- OTRC: Gal Gadot cast as Wonder Woman in new film