Orange County News
Pacific Health Corp. closing more hospitals
BELLFLOWER, Calif. (KABC) -- Pacific Health Corp. will be closing more hospitals this week. The closures come after the corporation was fined $16.5 million in fines and restitution to the government.
Pacific Health was accused of recruiting homeless people to undergo unnecessary tests and procedures, billing Medicare and Medi-Cal. As part of the settlement, PHC's Los Angeles Doctors Hospital pleaded guilty to conspiracy.
Emergency rooms will close Wednesday at Bellflower Medical Center, LA Metropolitan Medical Center and the Hawthorne campus and Newport Specialty Hospital. The rest of the hospitals' services will stop when all the patients can be transferred.
The rest of the hospital's services will close down as soon as all patients can be transferred.
Employees were notified about the closures on Tuesday. Last week, Pacific Health shut down Anaheim General Hospital.
Some employees said there's some hope that a new owner will step in and keep the facilities in operation.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
health care, legal, orange county news
- Pinkberry co-founder sentenced in 2011 beating 24 min ago
- Perris pastor arrested for rape of minor
- Fatal 210 shooting likely sparked by road rage 55 min ago
- Stalking arrest in WeHo murder-for-hire case
- Tweet lands 20-yr-old Los Angeles man in jail
- Lancaster pellet gun vandalism: 3 arrested
- 4 dead in fiery crash in San Bernardino area
- Big Bear Lake's pirate ship afloat again
- CA couple allegedly left child in car to gamble
- Malaysia plane disappearance deliberate? 43 min ago
- abcnews: Baby girl with 2 heads born in India
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies 43 min ago
- Crimea vote won't be recognized by US - Kerry
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)