Orange County News
Pacific Health Corp. closing more hospitals
BELLFLOWER, Calif. (KABC) -- Pacific Health Corp. will be closing more hospitals this week. The closures come after the corporation was fined $16.5 million in fines and restitution to the government.
Pacific Health was accused of recruiting homeless people to undergo unnecessary tests and procedures, billing Medicare and Medi-Cal. As part of the settlement, PHC's Los Angeles Doctors Hospital pleaded guilty to conspiracy.
Emergency rooms will close Wednesday at Bellflower Medical Center, LA Metropolitan Medical Center and the Hawthorne campus and Newport Specialty Hospital. The rest of the hospitals' services will stop when all the patients can be transferred.
The rest of the hospital's services will close down as soon as all patients can be transferred.
Employees were notified about the closures on Tuesday. Last week, Pacific Health shut down Anaheim General Hospital.
Some employees said there's some hope that a new owner will step in and keep the facilities in operation.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
health care, legal, orange county news
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- 4 sought in Highland home-invasion robbery
- Good Friday: Pope remembers those who suffer
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Sub scours ocean for missing Malaysian jet
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
15 min ago