Orange County News
2 popular Disneyland rides remain closed after citations
ANAHEIM, Calif. (KABC) -- Space Mountain and Soarin' Over California, two popular rides at Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure, remain closed Monday.
The two rides, along with the Matterhorn Bobsleds, were voluntarily shut down over the weekend after state regulators cited them Friday. Matterhorn reopened on Sunday.
The citations stem from an incident in November when a worker got hurt while doing maintenance on Space Mountain. According to Cal/OSHA, Disneyland failed to adequately correct "known fall hazards" that existed on the exterior of Space Mountain.
A spokeswoman says they closed the rides out of an abundance of caution. It's unclear when the two rides will reopen.
"We constantly strive to maintain a safe work environment for our cast members and contractors -- and we are reviewing certain protocols," a Disneyland spokesperson said in a statement.
Disney is the parent company of ABC7.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
disney theme park, orange county news
- Man killed in South Los Angeles hit-and-run
- Flasher strikes UC Riverside, community college
- Trailer spills rocks on westbound 10 Freeway
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Anaheim fire: House had pack rat conditions
- Man found dead outside fumigated OC house
- Child welfare system 'in crisis': Commission
- Reward offered in Long Beach pelican attack
- Murder suspect worried tattoo might hurt case 14 min ago
- Object found in Australia likely not from jet
- abcnews: Navy officer reunited with wife, daughters
- South Korea ferry accident death toll now 135
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- OTRC: Laura Prepon reacts to Tom Cruise rumors
- Unsolved murder mystery revealed in doc
19 min ago
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
7 min ago