Orange County News
Fullerton suspicious devices rendered harmless
FULLERTON, Calif. (KABC) -- The bomb squad was called in to investigate three suspicious devices at a Del Taco in Fullerton on Friday.
The devices were reported at about 8:30 a.m. outside of a Del Taco on State College Boulevard, just south of Chapman Avenue. A restaurant employee found the devices. Del Taco and other surrounding businesses were evacuated.
Nearby Cal State Fullerton was not placed on lockdown, but Troy High School was placed on modified lockdown. The school's assistant principal said students were not allowed on athletic fields as a precaution, but everything else was running as normal.
Bomb squad officials said one of the devices looked like a pressure cooker with wires. By around noon, all three devices were rendered safe. The Fullerton Police and Fire departments and the Orange County Sheriff's Department were conducting a joint investigation. Authorities said they would conduct a walk-through before lifting the evacuation and letting people back in.
suspicious object, orange county news
- Malaysia missing jet: 'Every angle' probed 20 min ago
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- abcnews: Dog helps Army vet overcome PTSD 39 min ago
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
35 min ago