Orange County News
2 gang members arrested in Laguna Beach home-invasion robbery, assault
LAGUNA BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- Two Los Angeles gang members were arrested Monday for a home-invasion robbery and assault that took place in Laguna Beach in October.
Two assailants broke into a Laguna Beach residence and assaulted the occupants by pistol-whipping them on October 13, 2012, at 10:30 p.m. The two suspects stole a significant amount of jewelry and fled, according to Laguna Beach Police.
The investigation led to a violent L.A. street gang called the Bounty Hunter Bloods based out of the Nickerson Gardens housing development. The LAPD, assisting Laguna Beach PD, surveilled gang members and found one member was in possession of a cellphone stolen from the Laguna Beach home. Two primary suspects were subsequently identified.
Arrest warrants were issued Friday and the two suspects were arrested Monday. The warrants allege robbery, residential burglary, false imprisonment, use of a firearm during a robbery, and gang enhancements.
Tyrone Beasley, 21, was arrested at a South Los Angeles residence.
Jyvontaye Harris, 20, was arrested at the Compton Courthouse, where he was attending a pretrial hearing in a separate case.
The suspects were booked at Orange County Jail.
arrest, robbery, orange county news
- Woman attacked at OC mall parking structure
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor
- 12 arrested, $2.5M in drugs seized in sting
- Ex-deputy convicted in fatal bar shooting
- Bell's Rizzo to plead guilty to tax evasion
- Car slams into Ventura house; driver arrested
- House easily approves bipartisan budget bill
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense presents case
- abcnews: Ohio police chief slams Kanye West
- Klinsmann to remain as US coach through 2018
- Sitting still for hours raises blood clot risk
- Giant lobster caught in Huntington Beach
- Redmond O'Neal testifies in Fawcett art case
- OTRC: Disney Channel film to feature Belle's son
- Cool Kid visits seniors at retirement home
18 min ago
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
7 min ago