Orange County News
U-Haul truck leads officers on high-speed chase from Riverside to Orange County
ANAHEIM, Calif. (KABC) -- The driver of a U-Haul rental truck was taken into custody Thursday night after leading authorities in a high-speed chase from Riverside into Orange County.
The pursuit began as a burglary call around 10:15 p.m. at a U-Haul location in the 1800 block of Spruce Street in Riverside. It was unclear what prompted officers to want to pull over the truck, but the driver was apparently wanted in connection with the possibly burglary.
The driver traveled at high speeds on the 91 Freeway, 55 Freeway and the 5 Freeway before exiting to surface streets in Anaheim, where California Highway Patrol officers conducted a PIT maneuver, causing the truck to come to a stop on a curb underneath a bridge.
The driver was taken into custody without incident.
pursuit, arrest, orange county news
- Rizzo gets 12 years in prison for corruption 15 min ago
- 292 missing, 4 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster
- West Adams fire in converted garage injures 4
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway
- Lake Elsinore man arrested for assault
- Possible 5th victim sought in serial murders
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- Suspects approach women at UC Riverside dorm
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: 10 most awful jobs for 2014 revealed
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced 13 min ago
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus hospitalized, cancels concerts