Orange County News
U-Haul truck leads officers on high-speed chase from Riverside to Orange County
ANAHEIM, Calif. (KABC) -- The driver of a U-Haul rental truck was taken into custody Thursday night after leading authorities in a high-speed chase from Riverside into Orange County.
The pursuit began as a burglary call around 10:15 p.m. at a U-Haul location in the 1800 block of Spruce Street in Riverside. It was unclear what prompted officers to want to pull over the truck, but the driver was apparently wanted in connection with the possibly burglary.
The driver traveled at high speeds on the 91 Freeway, 55 Freeway and the 5 Freeway before exiting to surface streets in Anaheim, where California Highway Patrol officers conducted a PIT maneuver, causing the truck to come to a stop on a curb underneath a bridge.
The driver was taken into custody without incident.
pursuit, arrest, orange county news
- Malaysia missing jet may have turned back 45 min ago
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic 8 min ago
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert 26 min ago
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest 49 min ago
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- abcnews: Teens save man stuck in sewer
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- New Toyota Highlander carries on legacy
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video