Orange County News
OC hockey mom charged w/ sexual assault to get 3rd trial
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- A 45-year-old hockey mom accused of sexually assaulting her son's 13-year-old friend will be tried a third time, according to Orange County prosecutors.
Two different juries were unable to reach a verdict against Kathia Davis.
The female suspect was convicted of four felony counts of unlawful sexual intercourse and two misdemeanor counts of contributing to the delinquency of a minor last August.
The divorced mother of three was found guilty of sexually assaulting a second boy, her son's 16-year-old friend. Davis reportedly had sex with the 16-year-old in the summer of 2010 and in the summer of 2011.
Davis already faces up to five years in prison on the charges she has been convicted of. If she is convicted in the third trial, she can face up to an additional 11 years in prison.
Davis acknowledged having sex with the 16-year-old but insisted that she had to rebuff the advances of the 13-year-old.
Investigators say she hosted drinking parties for her son's hockey team at her home in Laguna Niguel. Davis would provide the boys alcohol and then seduce the boys, according to prosecutors.
Davis is due in court for a pretrial hearing on May 28.
arrest, sexual assault, orange county news
- Roommate arrested in Westmont homicide 3 min ago
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait
- Missing hiker rescued in Santa Clarita canyon
- 'Octomom' pleads not guilty to 4th charge 12 min ago
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East
- 5 measles cases in Orange County confirmed 6 min ago
- CVS allegedly lost track of 37K painkillers 44 min ago
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- Pistorius shot gun out car sunroof - friend
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Men's Wearhouse buys Jos. A. Bank for $1.8M
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die 42 min ago
- OTRC: Taylor Swift: Billboard's No. 1 money maker