Orange County News
Santa Ana mental patient escapee surrenders, back at facility
GARDEN GROVE, Calif. (KABC) -- A Santa Ana mental health patient, who was considered extremely dangerous because of his threats against children, has surrendered to authorities.
Friday, Santa Ana police issued an alert after Norris Phuoc Nguyen escaped from a mental health facility, where he's been committed since last year.
Authorities say he had made threats against children at a Garden Grove elementary he once attended. Saturday, Nguyen voluntarily returned to the mental health facility and was taken into custody. He told authorities that he went to a friend's house nearby.
Garden Grove police interviewed Nguyen and said it doesn't appear that he committed any crimes while he was away from the facility.
orange county news
- Moorpark High on lockdown after threat made 1 min ago
- Rain, winds move into Southern California
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Students allegedly hack system, change grades
- 2 taken to hospital after school bus crash
- Body found in Corona; investigation underway
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- abcnews: Renewed Gacy probe reunites family
- India wants NYC arrested diplomat case dropped 17 min ago
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny 40 min ago
- OTRC: Phil Robertson suspended from 'Duck Dynasty'