Orange County News
Family pleads for help finding missing Orange woman
ORANGE, Calif. (KABC) -- As police in Orange work to put the pieces together to solve the mysterious disappearance of a woman, her family is pleading for the public's help to find her.
Maribel Ramos of Orange was last seen outside her apartment last Thursday around 8:30 p.m.
"We have no pieces to the puzzle, we have no leads. Please help me," said Ramos' sister, Lucy Gonzalez.
Ramos' family says the 36-year-old was about to graduate from California State University, Fullerton, with a degree in criminal justice. She was going to be honored there at a veterans appreciation event this weekend. Ramos also missed a softball game last weekend.
"I just got a call from my brother on Friday and he said, 'We're trying to get a hold of Maribel, she's supposed to be at a softball game, we don't know anything about her,'" said Ramos' cousin, Susana Molina.
Ramos' roommate, K.C. Joy, says he lived with her for the past year and a half.
"I thought that was kind of strange because she did miss school and she missed work," Joy said.
Joy said he's been questioned several times by police and that he's given them a DNA sample, handed over his cellphone and even allowed them to take pictures of him naked.
He says he is perplexed by her disappearance, too.
"I called about three times that day, reported missing. Something is not right," he said.
Investigators and Ramos' family members say the Iraq veteran wouldn't walk away from her commitments and life.
"We don't know anything about her since Thursday," Molina said. "We're just anxious to find her."
If Ramos is located or you have information of her whereabouts, please contact the Orange Police Department at (714) 744-7444.
missing person, orange county news, rudabeh shahbazi
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured 35 min ago
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Malaysia missing jet may have turned back
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years 5 min ago
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video