Orange County News
Tennis instructor charged with lewd acts
IRVINE, Calif. (KABC) -- A local private tennis instructor was arrested on charges of lewd acts involving one of his 13-year-old students Thursday, according to Irvine police.
Jarrid Thomas Baldogo, 29, was arrested at his residence in the Westpark area of Irvine around 4:30 p.m.
Investigators said the sexual abuse occurred between February and April of this year.
The underage victim's parents alerted authorities about the abuse on May 8 after they found suspicious text messages sent by Baldogo to their son.
Detectives immediately began an investigation and served a search warrant at the suspect's residence Thursday. Baldogo was shortly arrested.
The suspect's neighbor, Natasha Ulibarri, says she isn't surprised by the allegations. She says she saw a teenage boy coming and ongoing from his apartment several times. Ulibarri says she even approached Baldogo once and asked him if the boy was his son.
"I didn't see people coming other than the kid, that's what's strange," said Ulibarri. "I didn't see girls coming. I didn't see guys coming, I just saw that one boy several times."
Police believe there may be additional victims since Baldogo has been coaching tennis as a private instructor for the past couple of years.
"He's been finding his own clients," said Irvine police Lt. Julie Engen. "We believe he's been advertising somehow on the Internet."
The suspect also worked as an employee of a company providing tennis instruction in the Woodbridge area of Irvine.
The investigation is ongoing as the 29-year-old remains behind bars. Possible victims or anyone with information regarding the sexual abuse were urged to contact Detective Jonathan Sampson at (949) 724-7179.
sexual assault, child abuse, arrest, orange county news, leticia juarez
- The Game raises money for family of slain boy 46 min ago
- Motorcycle officer struck by hit-run driver 33 min ago
- LAPD seeing fewer qualified applicants
- LA council OKs restrictions on e-cig sellers
- UCLA police seek sexual battery suspect
- Cold front moving across Southern California
- LAX shooting suspect appears in IE court
- Sebastian Ridley-Thomas wins special election
- Stolen truck with radioactive load found
- abcnews: Mysterious stillbirths baffle doctors
- 'Top Gun' woman tapped for Pentagon no. 2 job
- Paul Walker autopsy results released
- Keri Russell's Brooklyn home burglarized
- OTRC: Gal Gadot cast as Wonder Woman in new film