Orange County News
Power outage darkens part of Anaheim's Resort District
ANAEHIM, Calif. (KABC) -- A power outage darkened part of Anaheim's Resort District Friday night. Police think copper thieves could be to blame.
Anaheim police believe thieves were inside a shuttered motel at the corner of Katella Avenue and Harbor Boulevard, attempting to steal electrical wire. But they ended up getting shocked, causing a power outage in the area.
Many people reported hearing a loud boom just before the lights went out.
Both men have been transported to a local hospital with severe burns. Their conditions were not known.
power outage, orange county news
- LA Times building threat: Man detained by LAPD
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- FBI seeks '76 murder suspect, possibly in SoCal
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Breast cancer treatment uses extreme heat
- Michaels data breach: 2.6M cards affected
- Katharine McPhee stars in romantic TV film
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour