Orange County News
Anaheim crash injures 8; driver arrested for driving under influence
ANAHEIM, Calif. (KABC) -- Eight people were rushed to the hospital after an alleged drunk driver slammed into several cars at an Anaheim intersection.
The incident occurred shortly before 2 a.m. Sunday at Gilbert Street and La Palma Avenue. Police say two cars filled with people were waiting at a red light when the drunk driving suspect crashed into them.
Responding paramedics declared the crash a mass casualty incident, due to the high number of injured people in the cars.
There was no word on their conditions as of Sunday morning.
The driver was arrested for felony DUI.
dui, car crash, orange county news
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15
- Bell corruption: Rizzo gets 12 years in prison
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- 287 missing, 9 dead in SKorea ferry disaster
- Google Glass robbers target Venice resident
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- 'Luger Bandit' bank robbery suspect caught
- Distracted-driving trial: OC jury deadlocks
- Solvang ordnance scare prompts evacuations
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- 'X-Men' director accused of sexual assault
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break