Orange County News
Anaheim crash injures 8; driver arrested for driving under influence
ANAHEIM, Calif. (KABC) -- Eight people were rushed to the hospital after an alleged drunk driver slammed into several cars at an Anaheim intersection.
The incident occurred shortly before 2 a.m. Sunday at Gilbert Street and La Palma Avenue. Police say two cars filled with people were waiting at a red light when the drunk driving suspect crashed into them.
Responding paramedics declared the crash a mass casualty incident, due to the high number of injured people in the cars.
There was no word on their conditions as of Sunday morning.
The driver was arrested for felony DUI.
dui, car crash, orange county news
- Nelson Mandela's legacy honored around world 16 min ago
- New cold front to bring chance of rain, snow
- Unemployment falls to 7 pct, 203K jobs added
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Ontario
- 'Valley Bandit' wanted for 8 bank robberies 28 min ago
- Suspect injured in El Monte police shooting
- Joseph Gatto's stolen jewelry pieces sought
- Missing Pasadena City College hiker found
- Girl killed while walking in IE crosswalk
- abcnews: Brutal elevator attack shocks Chinese city
- World Cup: US to play Ghana, Portugal, Germany 51 min ago
- McDonald's accidentally gives cash to couple
- Banksy's 'Flower Girl' auctioned off at $209K 9 min ago
- OTRC: Kelly Clarkson talks baby names (Video)