Orange County News
Anaheim crash injures 8; driver arrested for driving under influence
ANAHEIM, Calif. (KABC) -- Eight people were rushed to the hospital after an alleged drunk driver slammed into several cars at an Anaheim intersection.
The incident occurred shortly before 2 a.m. Sunday at Gilbert Street and La Palma Avenue. Police say two cars filled with people were waiting at a red light when the drunk driving suspect crashed into them.
Responding paramedics declared the crash a mass casualty incident, due to the high number of injured people in the cars.
There was no word on their conditions as of Sunday morning.
The driver was arrested for felony DUI.
dui, car crash, orange county news
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought 7 min ago
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Malaysia missing jet: Focus turns to pilots
- Comedian David Brenner dies at age 78
- Thermal brush fire contained at 350 acres 4 min ago
- Burbank man arrested in stabbing attack 10 min ago
- Gorman brush fire near full containment
- Tustin theater evacuated for investigation
- Young woman's body found in Santa Paula park
- abcnews: US travel advice from other countries 28 min ago
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report
- Woman's remains found at OC wilderness park
31 min ago