Orange County News
Crystal Cathedral congregation gets new name
ORANGE, Calif. (KABC) -- The congregation of the church once known as Crystal Cathedral has a new name. It is now called Shepherd's Grove.
The congregation is moving next month after selling their famous building in a bankruptcy proceeding.
The name Shepard's Grove is a nod to the early history of Orange County, where orange and walnut groves were once prevalent. It also refers to Jesus as shepherd of the Christian faithful.
The Roman Catholic Diocese of Orange bought the giant glass building, which it is renaming, Christ Cathedral.
The Rev. Robert Schuller built the cathedral in 1980 to house his television ministry.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
orange county news
- Deputies allegedly planted guns in pot clinic 5 min ago
- $20K reward offered in unsolved Compton murder
- Man found dead outside fumigated OC house
- Flasher strikes UC Riverside, community college
- Man killed in South Los Angeles hit-and-run
- Claremont sexual predator charged with felonies
- Suspicious bag found on the tarmac at LAX
- Trailer spills rocks on westbound 10 Freeway
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Murder suspect worried tattoo might hurt case
- abcnews: Navy officer reunited with wife, daughters
- Object found in Australia likely not from jet
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- OTRC: Laura Prepon reacts to Tom Cruise rumors