Orange County News
Laguna Beach sexual assault suspect surrenders
LAGUNA BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- Police in Laguna Beach say a 26-year-old man accused of sexually assaulting a woman in her home surrendered to authorities on Friday.
Authorities say the alleged attack happened the afternoon of April 21. After the assault, the victim called police. When officers arrived, the suspect, identified as Babak "Bobby" Azadgilani, fled on his BMW motorcycle.
A warrant was issued for Azadgilani's arrest. Officers tried to arrest him at his home and place of business, but he appeared to be in hiding, police said.
Azadgilani turned himself in at the front counter of the Laguna Beach Police Department at 5:30 p.m. Friday. He was booked on the $100,000 warrant.
sexual assault, orange county news
- Malaysian PM: Jet's disappearance deliberate
- Gorman brush fire: Crews gaining upper hand
- Earthquake w/ mag-3.9 rattles Castaic area
- Woman's remains, clothes found at Orange County wilderness park
- Woman, horse rescued at Angeles Nat'l Forest
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center
- Pinkberry co-founder sentenced in 2011 beating
- abcnews: NJ mom who hired hit man speaks out
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- Green cars for rent at niche LA-based company 57 min ago
- Baby gorilla born through rare C-section
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report