Orange County News
Laguna Beach sexual assault suspect surrenders
LAGUNA BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- Police in Laguna Beach say a 26-year-old man accused of sexually assaulting a woman in her home surrendered to authorities on Friday.
Authorities say the alleged attack happened the afternoon of April 21. After the assault, the victim called police. When officers arrived, the suspect, identified as Babak "Bobby" Azadgilani, fled on his BMW motorcycle.
A warrant was issued for Azadgilani's arrest. Officers tried to arrest him at his home and place of business, but he appeared to be in hiding, police said.
Azadgilani turned himself in at the front counter of the Laguna Beach Police Department at 5:30 p.m. Friday. He was booked on the $100,000 warrant.
sexual assault, orange county news
- Covina home-invasion robbery: girl, man shot 32 min ago
- Nelson Mandela's legacy honored around world
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Ontario
- New cold front to bring chance of rain, snow 37 min ago
- 'Valley Bandit' wanted for 8 bank robberies
- Family settles over Chino school gun accident
- Suspected heist reported, 12 tons of pot found
- Suspect injured in El Monte police shooting
- Joseph Gatto's stolen jewelry pieces sought
- abcnews: Bill Clinton reveals insights from Mandela 37 min ago
- McDonald's accidentally gives cash to couple
- Bob Dylan's guitar sells for nearly $1M
- Billy Joel to perform at the Hollywood Bowl
- OTRC: 'Scandal' season 3 will have 18 episodes
- ABC7 Eyewitness News Live Video
1 min ago