Orange County News
Chase ends with crash into Santa Ana home
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- A police chase of a suspected stolen truck out of Westminster ended with a crash into a Santa Ana home Tuesday morning.
Authorities say the white GMC truck slammed into the house on the corner of Civic Center Drive and Pacific Avenue, driving into the living room.
A resident in the house suffered a minor injury.
One suspect was taken into custody right away, and a second suspect tried to hide in another residence about a block away but was taken into custody a short time later.
Police say the driver was a 16-year-old from Garden Grove, and the passenger was a 17-year-old homeless person. Both suspects were booked for grand theft auto, possession of stolen property and felony evading.
The house will be red-tagged, police said.
arrest, car chase, pursuit, orange county news
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- Malaysia air force: Jet may have turned back
- Business leaders concerned about LADWP
- Roommate arrested in Westmont homicide
- 39-year-old man found dead in Apple Valley
- 5 measles cases in Orange County confirmed
- 5-alarm fire destroys San Francisco building
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book