Orange County News
Santa Ana police chase: Pedestrian struck, killed
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- Authorities say a pedestrian was struck and killed by a vehicle involved in a police chase in Santa Ana Thursday.
Authorities say the incident began at about 11:50 a.m. when officers saw two vehicles full of people involved in some type of criminal activity in the 1000 block of Rosewood Court. Police would not elaborate.
When officers went to investigate, there was a physical altercation between a suspect and an officer, and an officer-involved shooting occurred. The suspect was taken to a local hospital, where he later died from his injuries. His name has not been released.
Three suspects then got into a white Dodge Charger and took off, beginning the pursuit. The pursuit lasted about a mile, with the Charger hitting two other vehicles along the way.
The pursuit ended after a man in his 40s or 50s was fatally struck while walking in a cross walk by the suspects' vehicle in the area of Flower Street and MacArthur Boulevard. The victim's name has not been released.
The Charger crashed about 100 feet down the road, and the suspects tried to flee on foot, but they were eventually taken into custody. The driver, identified as 21-year-old Victor Sanchez, was taken into custody at the scene. The second suspect was found by a police dog, and a third suspect was Tasered.
car chase, officer-involved shooting, arrest, orange county news
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found 40 min ago
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Fatal South LA fire determined suspicious
- Oxnard residents burglarize home
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Former NFL player Sharper to stay in jail
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months