Orange County News
Santa Ana armed bank robbery: 2 suspects sought
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- The search is on for two suspects after an armed robbery at a bank in Santa Ana Tuesday morning.
FBI investigators say a male suspect wearing a mask and black hooded sweatshirt entered the U.S. Bank branch on the 2700 block of North Grand Avenue around 9:30 a.m. wielding a handgun. He ordered the customers to the ground and demanded money from the tellers.
The suspect ran out with a bag filled with an undisclosed amount of cash, and then jumped over a wall into a neighborhood with an accomplice.
No one was injured during the robbery.
Police recovered some of the money in two separate areas, but have not found the suspects. The FBI says the suspects do not appear to be connected to any other robberies.
According to investigators, the suspect who went into the bank and his accomplice were described as black men, standing about 5 feet 8 inches to 6 feet tall, with thin builds.
The bank is offering a $10,000 reward for information that leads to the arrest of the suspects.
Anyone with information about the incident was urged to call Orange County Crime Stoppers at 1-855-847-6277.
bank robbery, robbery, caught on tape, orange county news
- Water main break floods Santa Ana neighborhood 4 min ago
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- Bitcoin mystery: CA man denies being creator
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- Oxnard hit-and-run victim in critical condition
- OC man arrested for pot brownie sales to kids
- CSULB researchers launch 'Kelp Watch 2014'
- Dodger lot beating: federal gun indictments
- US economy adds 175,000 jobs in February 47 min ago
- Crimean, Russian politicians talk referendum 17 min ago
- abcnews: PA woman charged w/ teen's illegal abortion 54 min ago
- Factors that may lead to Alzheimer's disease
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Angelina Jolie talks 'Maleficent,' daughter