Orange County News
Santa Ana armed bank robbery: 2 suspects sought
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- The search is on for two suspects after an armed robbery at a bank in Santa Ana Tuesday morning.
FBI investigators say a male suspect wearing a mask and black hooded sweatshirt entered the U.S. Bank branch on the 2700 block of North Grand Avenue around 9:30 a.m. wielding a handgun. He ordered the customers to the ground and demanded money from the tellers.
The suspect ran out with a bag filled with an undisclosed amount of cash, and then jumped over a wall into a neighborhood with an accomplice.
No one was injured during the robbery.
Police recovered some of the money in two separate areas, but have not found the suspects. The FBI says the suspects do not appear to be connected to any other robberies.
According to investigators, the suspect who went into the bank and his accomplice were described as black men, standing about 5 feet 8 inches to 6 feet tall, with thin builds.
The bank is offering a $10,000 reward for information that leads to the arrest of the suspects.
Anyone with information about the incident was urged to call Orange County Crime Stoppers at 1-855-847-6277.
bank robbery, robbery, caught on tape, orange county news
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions 15 min ago
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana 7 min ago
- Car rally held in honor of actor Paul Walker
- Nelson Mandela remembered at South LA church
- Cyclist killed in crash w/ sheriff patrol car
- Small plane lands on 241 toll road in OC 22 min ago
- Man found dead inside Palmdale apartment
- IE shooting leaves 18-year-old man dead
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls traffic
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Kobe returns, but Raptors beat Lakers 106-94
- 'Frozen' tops box office in its 2nd week
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis