Orange County News
Fullerton Police Department investigates letter with suspicious substance
FULLERTON, Calif. (KABC) -- Police and a hazmat team are investigating a suspicious letter that was brought in to the Fullerton Police Department.
A citizen found an envelope containing a powdery substance in their mailbox around 12 p.m. Sunday and took it to the department.
Amerige Avenue between Malden Avenue and Highland Avenue was reportedly closed during the investigation.
The scene has since been cleared and no arrests have been made.
There has been no word yet on what was actually in the package.
orange county news
- Santa Ana jewelry store robbery caught on cam
- Nelson Mandela mourners pay last respects
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year
- Auto thefts up in CA after realignment -study
- Man arrested in 'revenge porn' website case
- FBI arrest several alleged MS-13 gang members
- UC Riverside employee diagnosed w/ meningitis
- LA supervisors criticize Baca amid jail probe
- Bell moving forward after Spaccia conviction
- Budget deal: Liberals, conservatives grumbling
- abcnews: Woman claws way out of locked bathroom
- Paul Walker crash: 2nd theft suspect surrenders 52 min ago
- SAG Awards: '12 Years a Slave' leads noms 10 min ago
- OTRC: Demi Lovato's cocaine, alcohol confessions