Orange County News
Teen bicyclist hospitalized after Anaheim hit-and-run; driver sought
ORANGE, Calif. (KABC) -- Authorities are asking for the public's help in finding a driver who they say fled after hitting a teenage cyclist in Anaheim.
The teen is in critical condition at UC Irvine Medical Center Thursday morning and is being treated for severe head injuries. Police say the victim is between 16 and 18-years-old.
The hit-and-run happened just before midnight Wednesday in the 900 block of North Harbor Boulevard near La Palma Avenue.
The driver left the teen badly injured in the street. A Good Samaritan did pullover, however. Angelina Lucero had just finished her shift at Disney's California Adventure Theme Park when she saw the victim lying in the road.
"I saw his white shirt, the boy's white shirt, and it caught my eye, and I slowed down as I came up and I saw him laying on the ground on his stomach. I saw the bike to his side and I could hear him breathing but I know that he wasn't moving," she said.
Lucero called 911 and the teen was rushed to the hospital.
Police are still searching for the hit-and-run driver and have no suspect description at this time.
Anyone with information is asked to call Anaheim police at (714) 765-1900.
hit and run, orange county news, darsha philips
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- School hacking: Tutor wanted for questioning
- Rodman in NKorea to prep for basketball game
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Report finds bacteria on 97 percent of chicken
- Local woman receives seizure-treating implant 30 min ago
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis