Orange County News
Teen bicyclist hospitalized after Anaheim hit-and-run; driver sought
ORANGE, Calif. (KABC) -- Authorities are asking for the public's help in finding a driver who they say fled after hitting a teenage cyclist in Anaheim.
The teen is in critical condition at UC Irvine Medical Center Thursday morning and is being treated for severe head injuries. Police say the victim is between 16 and 18-years-old.
The hit-and-run happened just before midnight Wednesday in the 900 block of North Harbor Boulevard near La Palma Avenue.
The driver left the teen badly injured in the street. A Good Samaritan did pullover, however. Angelina Lucero had just finished her shift at Disney's California Adventure Theme Park when she saw the victim lying in the road.
"I saw his white shirt, the boy's white shirt, and it caught my eye, and I slowed down as I came up and I saw him laying on the ground on his stomach. I saw the bike to his side and I could hear him breathing but I know that he wasn't moving," she said.
Lucero called 911 and the teen was rushed to the hospital.
Police are still searching for the hit-and-run driver and have no suspect description at this time.
Anyone with information is asked to call Anaheim police at (714) 765-1900.
hit and run, orange county news, darsha philips
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Pa. 22 min ago
- Missing plane sent satellite signals for hours
- 'Flasher' suspect sought for exposure in OC
- LAPD Officer Lee honored at funeral service
- Stalking arrest in WeHo murder-for-hire case 18 min ago
- Inmate escapes jail hours after sentencing
- Norwood pleads not guilty to weapons charge
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- SXSW continues in Austin after crash kills 2
- NYC explosion kills 8; rescuers resume search
- abcnews: Dog's healing effects on 2 wounded vets
- Bail refused for ex-NFL player Darren Sharper
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- OTRC: Tina Fey talks 'Mean Girls' reunion rumors
- Intersection gets safety upgrades after death
1 min ago